Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
To come home and find a broken water pipe that has caused water damage to your flooring, walls and ceilings after a long day at work or school can leave you feeling lost and confused. The first thing you want to ensure is the safety of you and your family by making sure that all electrical hazards and potential "slip and fall" hazards are handled the right way. SERVPRO of Bonita Springs/ Estero is your leader in the restoration industry. Dealing with a water leak can be an extremely stressful situation to discover but don't worry, SERVPRO is here to help. Contact SERVPRO of Bonita Springs/ Estero for your water damage information.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (239) 791-8892
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.